"Life is lived in the space between both law and grace, both freedom and responsibility, both individual and social ethics, both perfect and permissive will, both the ideal and the real. The both/and of Maston's thought characterizes his response to a variety of issues - and is consequently a fitting title for a book that is focused on his work."The foregoing is taken from the Introduction, written by Charles McCullough, to Both/And: A Maston Reader, Selected Readings from the Writings of T. B. Maston, which was published last year by the TBMaston Foundation for Christian Ethics.
On March 8-9, the Texas Baptist Christian Life Commission's annual conference will focus on this book and its subject, the writings of Dr. T. B. Maston. Co-sponsored this year by the CLC, the Texas Baptist Office of Theological Education, and the TBMaston Foundation, the conference's theme is Christian Ethics: A Both/And Approach in an Either/Or World. Reflections on the Maston Reader will take center stage.
Featured speakers are:
- Allen Verhey, Professor of Christian Ethics, Duke Divinity School
"Remembering Jesus: The Bible, the Community, and the Moral Life"
"Remembering Jesus in a World of Sickness and Suffering"
- Bill Tillman, Director, Texas Baptist Office of Theological Education
"Evangelism and Ethics"
- Michael Evans, Pastor, Bethlehem Baptist Church, Mansfield, Texas
"Servants Mustering Courage to Commit"
- Kyle Childress, Pastor, Austin Heights Baptist Church, Nacogdoches, Texas
- Coleman Fannin, Lecturer, George W. Truett Theological Seminary, Baylor University
- Ken Hugghins, Pastor, Elkins Lake Baptist Church, Huntsville, Texas
- Jeanie Miley, Author, Speaker, and Retreat Leader, Houston, Texas
- Gus Reyes, Director, Texas Baptist Hispanic Education Initiative/Affinity Ministries
Registration is $50 per person. To register online, go to texasbaptists.org/christianlifeconference, and click the "Registration" link on the left sidebar. You can also register by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling the Christian Life Commission at 214-828-5192.